We require an experienced and innovative Mechanical Design Engineer to join our growing engineering team. The appointed Mechanical Design Engineer will be fully involved in all phases of design related to our manual and automated inspection equipment. This person is also expected to be involved in the preparation of costs and associated documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
· Design & Documentation of one-off mechanical assemblies using Autodesk software (AutoCAD Mechanical/Inventor 2012)
· Manufacturing support on technical issues.
· Creation of assembly/test documentation.
· Creation of Bills of Materials, parts lists.
· Ability to work under time constraints and meet agreed deadlines
· Liaise with suppliers to organise component manufacture.
· Carry out assembly and test of designs.
To be successful in this position, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and /or ability required.
· Degree or HND in a Mechanical discipline with relevant experience.
· Experience in a mechanical manufacturing environment (5 Years)
· Experience of subsea engineering and/or automated design
· Organizational Skills
· Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, but also sensitive to team dynamics/goals.
· Knowledge of designing components for subsea applications
· Familiarity/Competency with Microsoft Office tools
· Written and Oral Communication Skills.
Scope of Responsibility:
Prompt delivery of Mechanical designs to meet agreed timescales. Early familiarisation with the formal and informal departmental goals, standards, policies and procedures.
To apply for this position please email your CV to email@example.com