Sonomatic is a leader in advanced inspection solutions and offer varied ultrasonic inspection solutions to a diverse clientele worldwide. To support our worldwide NDT field service operations Sonomatic designs and develops automated inspection equipment. Projects range from ROV deployed subsea inspection equipment, topside remotely operated inspection equipment and manually operated scanners.
Due to rapid expansion of our business we are looking for Software Engineers of all levels to join our development team primarily responsible for the design of new and support of existing products.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
· Design, develop and support real-time data acquisition, high-speed processing, GUI and data visualization software for use in bespoke non-destructive testing applications
· Software release, documentation, help authoring and end-user support
Qualification & Experience:
· Degree/HND in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering
· Programming experience using C++ in Windows environment ideally developing data acquisition, processing and graphically intensive applications
· Knowledge of development tools (Visual Studio) and software libraries (MFC).
· Experience with other programming environments/languages such as .NET, C# or Visual Basic is an advantage.o:p>
· Understanding of Object-oriented development, structured design methods and structured programming techniques
· Strong Mathematics and/or Physics understanding
· Commercial experience preferably with a scientific or industrial background
· Appreciation of ultrasonic and/or Phased Array inspection techniques is an advantage
· Electronics / Digital hardware design and/or interfacing
· Embedded programming
· RS232, Ethernet, TCP/IP
· Highly motivated, and have the ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills