Sonomatic Power Generation Division, employs seasoned professionals with combined decades of experience in advanced turbine/generator NDE. We offer a full range of automated and manual techniques to interrogate the integrity of your turbines and generators; with many of our inspections being used to support engineering remaining life assessments. In addition to our ‘standard’ offerings, such as boresonics, wheel-sonics, blade attachments, generator rotor retaining rings, etc. we also have developed unique, proprietary inspection techniques for specific applications, such as curved axial-entry last stage blade roots on specific OEM blade variants. We also work on all OEM rotors. We work closely with the Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI) by assisting them on various R&D projects specific to turbine & generator NDE; EPRI has also provided independent third-party evaluations on some of our inspection techniques.
Sonomatic brings innovation, value and integrity to the power generation NDE industry. We provide high-end, high-value inspection solutions at reasonable rates. We do so by capitalizing on technology, thoughtful kit design, and efficient work practices. Our motto is ‘Cut Costs, not Quality’.
Specialist NDE Services
- Boresonic Examinations
- Solid Rotor Examinations
- Generator Rotor Wedge-Lands (TIL 1292)
- Civa Inspection Modelling
- Turbine Disk Inspection (TIL 1904)
- Generator Retaining Ring Examinations
- Disk Dovetail Blade Attachments
- Blade Inspections
For more information, download our specialist package featured at the bottom of this page.
Conventional Turbine/Generator NDE Services
One-Stop Shopping: Combine Specialist and Conventional NDE services. You manage the outage, we'll manage the NDE. For more information, download our One-Stop Shopping brochure featured at the bottom of this page.
- Rotor Periphery NDE
- Stationary Blading
- Valve Components & Gasings
- Turbine Casings
- Finger Dovetails/Pins
Piping and Boiler NDE Services
- High Energy Piping: Girth and Seam Welds
- Header Examinations: Girth and Seam Welds
- Tubing Corrosion
- Header Ligament Examinations
- Stub Tube Socket Weld Examinations
- Tubing Scale Oxide Measurements
- UT in lieu of RT (Code Examinations)
- Dissimilar Metal Welds
- Carbon Fiber and Glass Fiber Repair Inspection
SonoCAM - Compound Aperture Multiplexing Technique
SonoCAM is a unique, automated phased array technique that combines a pulse-echo phased array, with a distinctive pitch-catch technique for far-superior detection of radial-axial indications on wheel-like components. Ideally suited detection technique for shrunk-on disk-bore/keyways & radial-axial cracking on blade attachments. The technique also improves data collection speeds, boasting up to 50% faster data acquisition by multiplexing than from single-channel scanning.
- Early detection of flaws is critical, placing greater emphasis on improved flaw detection capabilities. The SonoCAM detection technique is singularly unique in that it has the remarkable ability to exaggerate true reflectors while greatly reducing unwanted background noise.
- 'Multiplexing' is in reference to how the data is acquired. Three independent channels are collected, all three channels collect data concurrently, during a single wheel rotation. This is accomplished by multiplexing through each channel rapidly with only one channel transmitting and receiving at any given moment.
POWER GENERATION SPECIALIST PACKAGE
This document is composed to assist our clients and the supply chain to understand our group operating structure along with a high-level understanding of the benefits, services and specialist packages associated with our NDE and asset integrity management services...