Sonomatic has worked with a major North Sea operator to perform a review of all pipework data across several assets.
PIPEWORK DATA REVIEW ACROSS SEVERAL ASSETS
The review, coupled with Sonomatic’s analytics, identified:
- A significant number of spurious readings that were driving unrepresentative corrosion rates.
- Identification of multiple points with no inspection history, of which the client was unaware.
- Sub-groupings of some corrosion circuits showing a higher corrosion rate than previously calculated.
- Confirmed, through the data, that the incumbent inspection team were over inspecting certain areas.
- Reinforced stability of readings in other areas.
Our client was able to use t his information to plan an inspection campaign utilising a range of appropriate techniques to gather better data and enable them to make more informed integrity decisions for the future.