Sonomatic has pioneered the formal industry approach for NII and are leaders in the implementation of the developed NII approaches. Our clients include many of the major international operators and our involvement at the assessment, planning, inspection and evaluation stages, covers over 1100 major process vessels worldwide. Sonomatic‘s ability to offer the full range of NII campaign services ensures that clients get the maximum benefit while retaining full confidence in equipment integrity.
Fully Integrated NII Service
As key authors of the NII recommended practice HOIS-RP-103, Sonomatic are global leaders in the implementation of NII. As such, we are uniquely positioned to deliver fully integrated NII services including comprehensive inspection planning, assessments and evaluation services in addition to advanced NDT capabilities. Our Specialised Integrity Services group has a strong track record of successfully delivering pressure vessel NII for large scale offshore and onshore projects.
Assessment and Work Scope
It is important to note that the below assessment is not a push button approach. While the recommended practice does stipulate a process to follow, experienced technical input and understanding is required.
During an NII inspection, seamless interaction between the Integrity and Inspection team is vital to ensure an efficient and accurate inspection.
- Sonomatic’s Fully Integrated Approach to NII Ensures:
- Expert Review of Work Scopes
- Live Geolocated 3D Corrosion Maps Produced at Collection.
- Substitute/Additional Areas or Techniques as Needed
On completion of the inspection, the evaluation phase and analysis of the data is required as part of justification for deferment/replacement of IVI. The 3D models created at the work scope stage are auto-populated during the inspection and are used as a basis for the evaluation.
- Linking of inspection data to the 3D model
- Review Conformance of Inspection Against Work Scope
- Analyse Inspection DataExtrapolate on Data Trend to Calculate the Thickness in Uninspected Areas
- Extrapolate on Data Trend to Calculate the Thickness in Uninspected Areas
- Make Appropriate Integrity Related Recommendations
- Make Appropriate Inspection Related Recommendations