ABOUT SUBSEA INSPECTION
Sonomatic Subsea is a leading provider of ROV and Diver Deployed robotic technologies capable of advanced subsea inspections. With over 30 years of experience in this field, and the ability to adapt existing technologies to suit specific client requirements, Sonomatic subsea are industry leaders in the field of subsea advance inspections.
Sonomatic brought innovation to the Oil and Gas market by introducing Time of Flight Diffraction (TOFD) in the 1980s and has continued to bring world-leading technology to our clients. We are unique amongst other inspection service providers, in that we design/develop, and build our own inspection systems and scanners that can and have been modified over time to meet specific requirements for inspection performance, deployment and in-field reliability.
Sonomatic is committed to providing accurate, proactive inspection solutions that enable clients to manage the integrity of maturing assets, while making informed and cost-effective decisions crucial to the extension and safety of plant life. We pride ourselves on our proven track record in the management and safe delivery of inspection services. With the support of our internal integrity division, we can assist operators by providing not only the field data but a range of integrity services, including innovative statistical analysis methods that ensure decision making is aligned to the real conditions of subsea assets.
Diver Deployed Inspection Solutions
When scopes require a high level of dexterity and may need on-site adaptability, Sonomatic can utilise divers in a wide array of subsea and splash zone NDT inspections.
Work-Class ROV Solutions
Work-Class ROVs overcome many of the key issues presented when using divers (issues with depth, high cost, risk factor, etc.). Sonomatic has developed a range of ROV tools specifically designed to inspect pipelines, risers, caissons, and structural assets. Many of these tools are adaptable and can operate both horizontally and vertically. Our tools can be used in a range of services including:
- Verification of ILI tool findings.
- Inspection for internal corrosion and erosion.
- Inspection for preferential weld corrosion/erosion.
- Inspection for fatigue cracking (TOFD).
- Inspection for wet H2S damage in sour service.
- Inspection for chloride pitting/SCC in corrosion resistant alloys.
- Inspection of subsea fabrication and repair welds.
- Component geometry measurement including ovality inspection.
Mini-ROV Inspection Solutions
Mini-ROVs provide clients with a reliable, safe and cost-effective alternative to divers or work-class ROVs. The size and weight of Mini-ROVs make them ideal for jobs that require rapid mobilisation or where access is an issue. The deployment method can also be tailored to each situation, with the Mini-ROVs having the ability to be fitted with front-facing NDT attachments or deploy heavier tools in a payload capacity.
- Ultrasonic Thickness Testing (UTT)
- Cathodic Protection (CP)
- Alternating Current Field Measurement (ACFM)
- Flooded Member Detection (FMD)
- Phased Array Corrosion Mapping
- Dynamic Response Spectroscopy (DRS)
- Pulsed Eddy Current (PEC)
- Time of Flight Diffraction (screening and welds)